The Mandate of this Sector is to contribute to the Organizational Vision of reaching out to more needy communities through Outreach and Networking activities. This is done through:
- Reaching out to likeminded organizations, Government Institutes, Research bodies for the purpose of building synergies in our development work.
- Maintaining the current Networks that SACDEP is a member of, for the purpose of building synergies in our development work.
- Increase the Number of Partnerships with like minded Networks and Organizations that advocate for Sustainable Agriculture.
- Tap on upcoming opportunities within the Networks, National and devolved Governments. Design Projects/Initiatives for the purpose of Resource Mobilization to reach out to more communities
In order to keep abreast with Sustainable Agriculture Development globally, SACDEP collaborates actively with The Government of Kenya both at National and County Levels. It is also a leading member of technical Networks which include:-
- Participatory Ecological Land Use Management (PELUM Association). Office in Thika, Kenya
- International Federation for Organic Agriculture Movements (IFOAM). Office – Bonn Germany
- Kenya Organic Agriculture Network (KOAN) Office at ICIPE – Kasarani, Kenya
- World Rural Forum (WRF). Office – San Sebastian, Spain
- Slow Foods Movement. Office – Mila, Italy
- Biosafety and Biodiversity Association (BIBA). Office jointly hosted by members. Office in Thika, Kenya (Hosted by PELUM)
- African Biodiversity Network (ABN). Office Thika – Kenya.
As a result of the above, the Organization has been able to reach more communities are through designing new projects as a result of outreaching and networking activities. Further Information flow has been managed internally and externally. SACDEP has maintained most of its funding and non funding Partners through networking activities.